Friday, December 10, 2010

14. Chicken aint nothin but a bird

Positivity and realism; two strong mindsets I have, that often collide. The positive me will use phrases such as 'when there is a will there is a way', yet I don't entirely believe what I'm saying nor do I think it's a crock of shit.

Growing up, life quickly taught me to view the world  in a different perspective. A perspective not clouded by naive positivity that just fills you with a false sense of entitlement that is ultimately destined to disappoint, nor poisoned with a negative, pessimistic attitude that is not just destined to lead to failure, but almost asking for it.

It sounds ultra negative, but I tend to think people depend on happy delusions to fuel the self esteem needed to function through their normal day. This really isn't a problem...until the fantasy begins to unravel. I believe 'it' happens because 'it' does, because we either let it, or we just don't have control over it. Some of the biggest mistakes I made in my life were probably due to believing I had more control over my environment than I actually did.

So how about positive-realism?, dream big with realistic goals? who knows. All I know is, whatever 'it' is, 'it' will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment